- Maintains property including but not limited to offices, production areas, public areas, and equipment through development and implementation of preventive maintenance program; ensures all maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner and according to all specifications.
- Assists with the installation and modification of buildings equipment systems.
- Responds in a timely fashion to problems related to facility maintenance and repair.
- Performs minor and routine repairs including but not limited to painting, plumbing, electoral wiring, and other related maintenance activities.
- Inspects buildings, grounds, and equipment of unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Prepare required reports as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Takes PRIDE in everything we do.
- Takes OWNERSHIP of their actions and decisions.
- Displays LEADERSHIP in our industry and our community.
- Acts with INTEGRITY by being honest, trustworthy and doing the right thing.
- Displays TEAMWORK by committing to common goals based on open and honest communication.
- Delivers EXCELLENCE to our guests, our communities and to each other.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree (B.A.) preferred. One to two years related experience or equivalent. Proven leadership and business acumen skills. Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates. Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
SKILLS AND APTITUDES: Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Position requires excellent spoken and written English communications skills. Able to work varied schedules including weekends and Holidays. Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Commitment excellence and high standards. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works indoors throughout shift. Bi-level structures. Extensive facility. Well lit room. Minimal exposure to hazardous substances and fumes. Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
Established in 2011, Carter Hospitality Group, LLC. is a family-owned hospitality company with 5 hotels and resorts as well as 3 wineries across the United States. Based in Orange County, California, the company manages and owns a portfolio of luxury properties including South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, Temecula, California; Carter Estate Winery and Resort, Temecula California; Harborside Suites at Little Harbor, Ruskin, Florida; and Carter Creek Winery Resort & Spa, Hill Country, Texas. Carter Hospitality Group also serves as the owner-franchisee for Red Lion Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, Orlando Florida. The company also owns the South Coast Winery in Temecula California, Carter Estate Winery in Temecula California and the Carter Creek Winery in Hill Country, Texas. For more information visit www.CarterHospitality.com
Creating memorable experiences at every unique destination.
A family-owned company whose incredible team members share their passion in hospitality every day. The needs of our guests and team members are in the forefront of everything we do as we create unique, memorable experiences and lasting connections.
Experiences you can remember, a promise you can trust.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)